Wednesday, January 26, 2011

BLOG ASSIGNMENT #4A

       Article: Seth Godin's "Brainwashed". http://changethis.com/
       In the article "Brainwashed" , written by Seth Godin, he elaborated seven ways for people to reinvent themselves. There is a way called "Acknowledge the Lizard". He pointed out that the lizard brain is a prehistoric brainstem which all the people should against with it. In another word, the lizard is the resistance in our mind and head. When we have a new idea, we may hesitate , here, the lizard start to work. We may worry about the idea if it is really good one or it is a breakthrough idea. If we fear to try it, the lizard brain win. However, if we acknowledge it, we can ignore it. 
        "Connect" also is a way explained in Seth's article. We are all connected with the world today, we are not alone. To be connected means we can learn, earn and even achieve something that we've never thought. Stay in a cage means failure, we have to create the connection if we want to grasp the right, the power. 
         According to this article, I realized that, first, these two ways that I summarized above are really useful to myself. Second, the assignments and the projects that I created in the Blog or in the lab are really useful for my creating life. The reason I say that is, those assignments are creative, they can drill my creative thinking. When I was doing those exercises, I can let all my creative ideas point out, and choose the one which I need from them. I believe those assignments can help me become a better artist. 
         On the other hand, for the creative process class, we can learn more process about how the great music, songs or movies created. It can be useful when I create my own project.    

No comments:

Post a Comment